A web database of the Italian genetic variability
Believing in the utility of large population-specific databases, especially for a complex population like the Italian one, the Network for Italian Genomes (NIG) provides variant frequencies as a free tool for both clinicians and researchers.
Three datasets are currently available (4212 exomes):
- 1492 Italian clinical cases and trios affected by different diseases;
- 1686 Italian healthy controls, with well-characterized ancestry in the four Italian macro-areas (North, Center, South and Sardinia);
- 1034 Italian SARS-CoV-2 PCR positive individuals (1013 unrelated), from very severe (intubated) to asymptomatic cases.
Network for Italian Genomes
NIG - Exomes from ITaly
- DOI: 10.1101/2020.07.24.20161307
- 1034 Italian SARS-CoV-2 positive individuals (1013 unrelated)
- From very severe (intubated) to asymptomatic